At BETDAQ, we seek to ensure our customers enjoy their gaming experiencing in a safe and responsible environment. We recognise that gambling can become a problem for a small minority of people and aim to minimise the negative impact of gambling and offer support to those in need.
In addition, we take extra measures to verify that customers must be over 18 years of age.
In order to assist our players in gambling responsibly we have provided the following features on our site - all of which can be enabled from the My Account section.
Customer driven deposit and stake limits
Customers can set daily / weekly / monthly deposit limits on their accounts or also update their preferences to set a recommended stake / liability per bet
Time Out Options
Customers can choose to Time Out of their account for a set period of time. Their account will be frozen until the specified time as passed.
BETDAQ are part of the first phase of the UK’s national online self-exclusion scheme, powered by GAMSTOP. GAMSTOP currently includes a large number of online gambling websites, but not all. Later this year, all online gambling websites will be required to join by the Gambling Commission.
Alternatively, customers can choose to self-exclude from their BETDAQ account for a minimum of six months. More information about self-exclusion can be found here.
Gamban is a software product that blocks both online gambling sites and apps on computers, mobile phones and tablets. It works on all of the most widely used operating systems on computers like Windows and MacOS, and also on iOS and Android devices. Gamban offers a reliable and straightforward barrier to online gambling.
We have partnered with Gamban so that you can use this software at no cost for 12 months. Please use the link below to download and install the software (Ts&Cs Apply)
In order for you to enjoy your BETDAQ account and to maintain control of your gambling, please keep the following in mind:
• Keep track of how long you spend gambling.
• Only spend what you can afford to lose.
• Avoid chasing your losses.
• If you're a parent keep your password safe, and if you wish, use software to block access to gambling sites from minors (link to sites below)
• If you are having a problem then you can request to be self-excluded from our site. Please click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
• BETDAQ is a Ladbrokes Group company. If you have an account with www.ladbrokes.com and would like to also self-exclude from that website, you may email email@example.com to make this request, setting out details of all accounts you have with them. For further information on Ladbrokes self-exclusion policy, please see the terms and conditions section of www.ladbrokes.com.
• There is also software that blocks access to all online gambling sites. See www.gamblock.com for more details.
• If you would like further information or would like to speak to an advisor in confidence, please contact GamCare
Are you having problems?
If you are concerned you may have problems gambling, please ask yourself the following questions:
• Have others ever criticised your gambling?
• Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have gambled?
• Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
• Do you gamble alone for long periods?
• Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
• Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
• Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
• Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
• After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
• When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
• Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
• Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
• Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
If you have answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may have a gaming dependency.
Sources of Help:
Customers and family members who are experiencing problems with gambling should seek help. If you need to talk to someone about your problem gambling, or someone else's then contact:
If you live in the UK and need to talk to someone about problem gambling, then contact GamCare: GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone and online support and counselling to anyone affected directly or indirectly by problem gambling. The GamCare National Helpline is available 24/7 and can be contacted on freephone number 0808 8020 133 (free calls from all UK landlines and most major mobile networks). Alternatively, visit Gamcare.org.uk
If you live in Ireland and need to talk to someone about problem gambling then you can contact the Dunlewey Centre, and their helpline numbers are 0800 088 6725 (NI) and 1800 936725 (ROI).
GAMSTOP provide an online self-exclusion service across multiple gambling websites in the UK
Gamble Aware offers more information on responsible gambling, please visit BeGambleAware.
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to gamble with BETDAQ. We require new customers to declare they are over 18 years of age and carry out electronic checks on all new accounts. Should we have further concerns, we reserve the right to request further information to establish the customers' identity.
BETDAQ uses sophisticated age verification systems and procedures to minimise the risk of underage customers from using our on-line services. Nevertheless, we recommend that parents and guardians who use a family-shared computer to install filtering software in order to restrict internet access to children and minors.
There are a number of parental filtering solutions that can be used to monitor or restrict access to the Internet:
www.netnanny.com - filtering software that protects children from inappropriate web content.
www.cybersitter.com - a filtering software which allows parents to add their own sites to block.
www.betterinternetforkids.eu - a website which is co-funded by the EU and provides information about internet filter software and also offers a free test version.